设为首页    加入收藏

自学考试省级导航

全国 A安徽 B北京 C重庆 F福建 G广东 广西 甘肃 贵州 H河南 河北 湖南 湖北 黑龙江 海南 J江苏 江西 吉林 L辽宁 N内蒙古 宁夏 Q青海 S山东 山西 陕西 四川 上海 T天津
     X新疆 西藏 Y云南 Z浙江 历年真题分类检索

全国2012年4月高等教育自学考试初中英语学科基础真题(word下载版)(三)
2015-02-20 17:46:34 来源:91考试网 作者:www.91exam.org 【

第四题 完形填空(本大题共15小题,每小题1分,共15分)

(请在每小题的空格中填上正确的答案,并将答案答在试卷上)

Several years ago, while attending a communication course, I experienced a most unusual process. The instructor asked us to list something in our past that we felt 36 of, regretted, or incomplete about and read our lists aloud.

This seemed like a very 37 process, but there s always some 38 soul in the crowd who will volunteer. The instructor then 39 that we find ways to make apologies to people, or take some action to right any wrong doings. I was seriously wondering how this could ever 40 my communication.

Then the man next to me raised his hand and volunteered this story: “Making my list, I remembered an incident from high school. I grew up in a small town. There was a Sheriff 41 of us kids liked. One night, my two buddies and I decided to play a 42 on him.

After drinking a few beers, we climbed the tall water tank in the middle of the town, and wrote on the tank in bright red paint: Sheriff Brown is a s. o.b. (畜生). The next day, almost the whole town saw our glorious 43. Within two hours, Sheriff Brown had us in his office. My friends told the truth but I lied. No one 44 found out.”

“Nearly 20 years later, Sheriff Brown’ s name 45 on my list. I didn’ t even know if he was still 46 . Last weekend, I dialed the information in my hometown and found there was a Roger Brown still listed. I tried his number. After a few rings, I heard, “Hello?” I said, “ Sheriff Brown?” Paused. “Yes.” “Well, this is Jimmy Calkins. ”

“And I want you to know that I did it.”Paused. “I knew it!” he yelled back. We had a good laugh and a 47 discussion. His closing words were: “Jimmy, I always felt bad for you because your buddies got it off their chest, but you were carrying it 48 all these years. I want to thank you for calling me ... for your sake.”

Jimmy inspired me to 49 all 101 items on my list within two years, and I always remember what I learned from the course: It’ s never too late to 50 the past wrongdoings.

36. A. ashamed B. afraid

C. sure D. proud (   )

37. A. secret B. private

C. interesting D. funny (   )

38. A. foolish B. polite

C. simple D. brave (   )

39. A. expected B. suggested

C. ordered D. demanded (   )

40. A. improve B. continue

C. realize D. keep (   )

41. A. any B. most

C. none D. all (   )